What is Eucalyptus?
The eucalyptus tree is native to Australia and though to be food for koala bears. Native aborigines used eucalyptus leaf infusions for a variety of ailments, including sinus congestion, cold, and fever.
Benefits Of Eucalyptus For Lung Health?
There are many benefits of using eucalyptus for the lungs.
- Eucalyptus products are rich in antioxidants which make it very effective for strengthening the immune system.
- Eucalyptus oils are anti-irritant. It has the abilities to reduce swelling and redness
- It relieves nasal congestion by narrowing down the blood vessels in the nose, decrease swelling and inflammation, allowing air to flow through and mucus to liquify and drain.
- Eucalyptus oil can get rid of numerous harmful microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, as well as fungi.
Common health conditions that eucalyptus essential oils helps:
- Breathing Difficulties
Eucalyptus essential oil support lung health by:
- Boosting the immune system
- Strengthening the respiratory system
- Fighting air borne and infectious
- Helping to dislodge mucus and phlegm form the nose, sinuses, bronchi and lungs
- Opening up the respiratory tract
- Relieving pain
- Reducing inflammation of the respiratory system
- Warming up the body and fighting cold temperatures
- Combating allergies that lead to persistent sneezing and runny nose
How Can You Take Eucalyptus Oil For Lung Health?
For lung health, eucalyptus essential oils work when inhaled into the respiratory system.
It helps open up the respiratory pathways, clear congestion, relieve pain and so much more.
Eucalyptus is made into an highly concentrated essential oils. It takes a lot of plant material to derive just a little essential oil, which is why essential oils are so potent and powerful, and why you only a few drops are needed for it’s numerous healing and medicinal properties
Eucalyptus oil can be used in a variety of ways topically or through inhalation:
- Add a few drops (as recommended by the manufacturer) to a diffuser (Where to get) and inhale before you sleep. You can sleep while breathing the air filled with eucalyptus all night long. By morning, you are likely to feel a lot better.
- Inhaled from the bottle (Where to get)
- Mixed with coconut oil (Where to get) and rubbed onto your chest or neck (mixed 2 to 4 drops of oil a teaspoon of coconut oil). The aroma soothes and calms the throat and dilates the blood vessels, which allows more oxygen into the lungs in order to breathe normally
- Inhale it by taking a warm bath (add 5-8 drops to you bath water) and relax
- Mix a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil into water and gargle the mixture as a prevention against throat discomfort and to get a clearer throat.
- Put a drop of eucalyptus oil on your handkerchief and inhale the smell every few hours to relieve congestion.
- Inhale eucalyptus oil with steam:
Adding 2 to 4 drops in a face steamer (Where to get) Or you can fill a bowl with very hot water.
Place your face over the bowl or face steamer and put a towel over your head.
Inhale the steam for as long as you can and breathe deeply.
Repeat 2 or 3 times daily until the congestion clears.
- Make a steam bath by pouring boiling hot water into a bowl and drop 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil into the mixture.
Soak a face towel into it,
squeeze and place it on top of your head.
Inhale and exhale deeply for approximately five to then minutes.
- Before using essential oils for lung health or any other use, please first perform a patch test by applying a mixture of 1 drops of eucalyptus oil in 1 tsp of carrier oil (Where to get). Wait for 1 – 2 hours. If you notice any allergic reactions, immediately wash the area with soap and warm water and do not use the essential oil.
- Do not take eucalyptus oil internally.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not use eucalyptus oil.
- Those who have sensitive skin must dilute eucalyptus oil in olive oil (Where to get) or any carrier oil (Where to get) before using it
- Undiluted eucalyptus oil can cause itchiness, irritation and redness.
- Eucalyptus oil must not be used on babies younger than 6 months.
- Keep essential oils away from children and pets.
Where Can I Get Eucalyptus Essential Oil?
It is always best to buy 100% pure eucalyptus essential oil from reputable brands to ensure you get the best quality and best results.
Stay safe and healthy
You can purchase your echinacea products here ↓
Advice is for information only and should not replace medical care. Please check with your GP before trying any remedies.
Images found and created on canva.com
Product images from amazon